IMPORTANT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting your personal Data. Please read the following policy to understand how we may collect information from you, how we store and handle your data, what we may do with that information and what choices you can make about the way in which your information is treated.
Who we are:
Dressage by Design is a business registered in Ireland, registration number 621628, with an address at Marlton Stud, Marlton Road, Wicklow Town, County Wicklow, A67 NP94. If you have any questions about this policy or want to make a complaint how we handle your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com or at +353 (0) 87 258 5038.
What data do we collect about you?
- Information relating to any purchase you make with us via our website, via email, over the telephone or in our shops. This information may include your name, postal and billing address, telephone number, email address, payment details and date and time of purchase.
- Information you provide when registering an account with us. This information may include your name, postal and billing address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, payment details and account login details.
- Information you provide to us when subscribing to any newsletter including your name, address date of birth, telephone number and email address.
- Your image by be recorded on CCTV when you visit our shop.
- Any social media name you use when contacting us via social media.
- Browsing and on-line activity and shopping preferences.
Why do we collect, store and process your data?
You can access and browse our website without disclosing your personal data. However if your register with us, subscribe to our newsletters or place an order with us you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself.
We may collect, store and process your personal data:
- To comply with our contractual obligations. If you place an order with is via our website, via email or over the telephone we will require your contact and payment details so we can process, fulfil and dispatch you order.
- To maintain any registered account you hold with us
- To collect and process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will make it clear at all times what data is required from you and you can opt out at any time.
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information.
- For legitimate interests as would be reasonably expected as part of running our business. We want to provide you with the best products and service tailored to your individual need or taste and we may use your personal information to achieve this.
Who do we share your information with?
We sometimes share your data with trusted third parties. We use third parties to perform some functions on our behalf like delivering your order, providing marketing assistance, analysing data and processing credit card payments. Some of the third parties we share your information with are:
- Delivery couriers – to deliver your order;
- Fraud management – to protect both you and ourselves from fraudulent activity;
- Google, Facebook and other trusted third parties – to show you products based on your browsing history. This is based on your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our website.
We will not share your information with third parties other than those trusted third parties described above.
If you are based outside of Ireland and place an order with us, we will need to transfer your data outside of the Ireland to trusted third parties. We need to do this in order to comply with our contractual basis with you, so we can fulfil, process and dispatch your order.
If you are based outside of the EEA and place an order with us, we will need to transfer your data outside of the EEA to trusted third parties. We need to do this in order to comply with our contractual basis with you, so we can fulfil, process and dispatch your order.
We may transfer your personal information to our trusted service providers, some of which are based outside of the EEA. We will only transfer your personal information for the marketing purposes described in this policy or as described above if you are based outside of the EEA yourself.
If we do transfer your data internationally, as detailed above, we will follow the principles of this Privacy Notice and any applicable laws. We are committed to protecting your personal data.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will hold your information for as long as is necessary and for the purpose for which it was collected.
We will always retain your information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
If you withdraw your consent to receive marketing emails from us, we will remove you from our mailing list with immediate effect. Your data will be stored until it is no longer necessary on the basis of our legitimate business interest, but you will no longer receive marketing material from us.
Security of your Data
We use industry standard security measures to protect your information and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of any information in our control. All our employees are subject to strict confidentiality obligations. No security system however is entirely secure and we cannot be held liable or guarantee the security of your information.
Your rights relating to personal data
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- right to access the data - you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- right to rectification- you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- right to erasure - you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- right to restriction of processing or to object to processing - you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability - you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details at the start of this privacy notice.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
Updates to this Policy
This policy was last updated on June 2019